Beanit Butter™ Powder Low Carb Crepes
- August 06, 2014
- 5 Large or Extra large eggs*
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons Carb Counters™ Beanit Butter™ Powder
- Optional: 1/8 teaspoon Salt
In medium-large bowl, whisk 1/2 cup water with Beanit Butter™ Powder until smooth. Whisk in the eggs. In a hot oiled 8" skillet or large pan coated with non-stick cooking spray, pour 1/4 cupful batter for each large 8" crepe...quickly twist skillet to spread batter to evenly coat bottom of pan with a thin layer of batter. Flip when bottom is brown - about one minute. Cook for 30 seconds more on second side.
Makes about 8 large 8" crepes - Less than 1/3 of a carb per crepe. To make smaller 4" size crepes, use just 1-1/2 tablespoons prepared batter per crepe. Crepes freeze well in sealed zip lock bag for up to 2 months.
- For slightly thicker crepes (thin pancakes for sandwich wraps, etc.) whisk in an additional tablespoon Beanit Butter™ Powder.
- For savory crepes, substitute 1 Tablespoon parsley and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder for the cinnamon.
- For sweet crepes add 2 Tablespoons Sugar Not™ Spoonful™ or low carb sweetener of your choice.
- Spread with cream cheese - roll up the ones you don't eat for a fabulous snack later, For jelly rolls, roll up with a thin layer of cream cheese spread with a layer of low carb jelly or jam.
- For Pancakes: Use 6 egg whites in place of the 5 whole eggs and whisk in 1/2 tsp baking powder. For thick pancakes, whisk in 1 tablespoon Carb Counter's Bakesquick™ Add low carb sweetener as desired.