Low Carb Salmon Puff Recipe
Love old recipes? Most of us probably keep a can of salmon on the pantry shelf. This is a great way to use it... makes a delicious omega-rich meal that's super easy and can be enjoyed hot or cold. It's a very old recipe that is now, thanks to Bakesquick™, " low carb legal." Enjoy!
- 4 Large or extra large eggs
- 1/4 cup cream mixed with 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted (10-3/4 oz can)
- 1 can red or pink salmon, drained and flaked (14-3/4 oz can)
- 4 Carb Counters™ Bakesquick™ - 1LB (Biscuits, torn into soft bread crumb size pieces)
- 1 tablespoon dried dillweed or minced parsley
- 1 bunch green onions, minced, about (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
|Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9" x 12" baking dish or 9" cake pan or pie pan with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine eggs, cream, water and soup; stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into baking pan and bake for 50 minutes or until the mixture appears puffed, and "set". Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Makes 6 generous entree size portions. 5 net carbs each.|
|* can use chives , if desired, or a mixture of parsley, dill and chives. If using fresh herbs, increase to 1-1/2 Tablespoon.|
May use a 5 ounce can of tuna and a 7.5 ounce can of salmon.