Low Carb Potato Soup Recipe
Enjoy delicious potato soup while living a low carb lifestyle? You bet. Any day. This rich tasting low-carb potato soup is not only warm and comforting but deliciously simple and quick to fix. Its so easy when you start out with Carb Counters™ Mashers. So enjoy!
- 1 Inner pack Instant Mashers™ - Any flavor (or any other)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped (approx. 1/2 small onion)
- 4 cups chicken broth (like a 32 oz. container chicken stock/broth)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup cream (or sour cream*)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Thick It Up™ Low Carb Thickener
|Brown the onions in the butter in a medium size sauce pan or 5 cup pot over medium high heat for 3- 5 minutes or until lightly browned.|
|Add the chicken broth and black pepper. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and whisk in the Mashers™. For thicker soup, whisk in the Thick It Up thickener. Simmer for 5 minutes, whisk in the cream and serve.|
|Makes 4 - 10 ounce (1-1/4 cup) servings. 5 net carbs per serving.|
|For reduced fat/calorie version: |
*Fat free sour cream may be substituted if desired. Like a thick potato soup?
** if a thicker soup is desired, whisk in Thick It Up low carb thickener