Low Carb Cinnamon Roll Recipe
|Meal type||Bread, Breakfast|
Makes 6 "muffin cup" style low-carb cinnamon rolls. Recipe may be doubled.
- 1 cup 1 cup Carb Counters™ All Purpose Low Carb Flour - Economy Size
- 2 teaspoons sugar equivalent low carb sugar substitute of your choice
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup Softened unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Sour Cream
- 2 or 3 tablespoons Warm water
- 2 tablespoons Melted Unsalted Butter (For Cinnamon Layer)
- 2 tablespoons Sugar Not™Spoonful™Natural Sugar Replacement with Fiber (- one-to-one sugar replacement like -*- For Cinnamon Layer)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (For Cinnamon Layer)
|Preheat oven to 375°. Coat a 6 cup muffin tin pan or 6 foil bakery cup liners with non-stick cooking spray. |
|Spray one side of 2 pieces of plastic wrap (approx. 12" x 14" length). |
|In medium sized bowl, place flour, sugar substitute, salt and baking powder. Stir with whisk till well mixed. Add butter and cut in with whisk or pastry blender for a minute or two, until dough resembles coarse crumbs. |
Make a well in center of dough and add sour cream and water. Stir in with fork lightly and form a dough ball. Knead a couple times until smooth. Place dough ball in center of one piece of plastic wrap, sprayed side up. Press dough ball down and square off dough edges to form rectangle. Cover with second piece of plastic wrap, sprayed side down. Roll or press out evenly to approx.12" by 10" rectangle.
Remove top piece of plastic wrap and spoon or brush on the melted butter.
|Mix cinnamon and Sugar Not™ Spoonful™, and sprinkle the cinnamon mixture over buttered dough. |
Using edge of plastic wrap, from 12" side, gently roll dough over and over to form a "roll". Gently cut into 6 approximately 2-inch pieces and stand each piece up in muffin cup.
|Bake FOR JUST 10 MINUTES. |
|Rolls only lightly brown on edges and will be soft to touch. |
|DO NOT OVER BAKE. |
|Let rolls cool in pan for a few minutes. Enjoy warm. Freeze leftovers. If leftover rolls harden up, simply sprinkle on all sides with water and reheat in microwave for a few seconds. Rolls will soften up nicely. Variation: For Pecan-Cinnamon Rolls, sprinkle 1/3 cup chopped pecan bits over cinnamon/butter layer before rolling and cutting.|