Easy Low Carb Chocolate Torte Recipe
Showy and extremely easy to make!
- 1 Package(s) Carb Counters™ Low Carb Chocolate Cupcake and Frosting Mix
- 1/3 cup sour cream (regular or fat free)
- 1 frosting packet (included in the cake mix)
- 8oz block of cream cheese, softened (regular or fat free)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 whole large or extra large eggs (or 4 egg whites - 1/2 cup)
|Preheat Oven to 350°. Coat a 9" x 13" baking pan with non-stick coating spray. |
|In medium size mixing bowl, prepare cake mix batter according to label directions and pour into baking pan instead of the cupcake tins. Smooth out evenly. Bake for 12-15 minutes or just until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not over bake. Cool for 15 minutes. |
|In small mixing bowl, add the frosting packet, softened cream cheese and butter. Mix with spoon until smooth and creamy.* |
|Cut the cake into 3 - 4" wide pieces . Place first cake piece onto serving plate or aluminum foil and lightly spread 1/2 cup frosting evenly over it and repeat layers with other two pieces. Refrigerate. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Freeze leftovers within 4 days. Freeze tightly wrapped for up to one month. Makes 9 - 1" wide servings, 5 -1/2 net carbs per serving. Enjoy! |
|* Like extra sweet frosting? Stir any low carb sweetener -equal to 1/2 cup sugar -into the frosting/cream cheese. |
For Mocha Chocolate Torte: add one Tablespoon instant coffee granules - or replace the 1/2 cup water with 1/2 cup very strong coffee when making the cake batter.